- To prepare, analyse, oversee and manage the annual business plan (consolidated) for MTNN by applying fundamental budgetary concepts, practices, and procedures and ensuring it complies with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organizational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Review and analyse departmental budget requests, make recommendations for approval or modifications as required.
- Coordinate the uploading of the MTNN financial and non-financial budget on the Group’s consolidation software (Hyperion Financial Management).
- Verify accuracy of data received from departments such as Assumptions, Headcount, Organogram and Opex, ensuring alignment with company strategy.
- Assist in the development of strategy documents and the preparation and automation of MTNN business plan in the Business Planning Software, ensuring that sub projects are incorporated and business plan calculations are accurate and realistic.
- Assist in integrating other systems such as Magic, IFS with the Business Planning Software.
- Facilitate effective budgetary control systems by providing the budget assumptions in explaining monthly OPEX variances, liaising with budget coordinators to facilitate timely submission of inputs.
- Monitor adherence to standard budgetary working policies, processes and procedures
Experience & Training
First degree in any numerate discipline
Fluent in English
A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc)
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
Experience working in a medium organization
Finance, budget or management reporting in a multinational environment
Experience in a Financial Reporting function is desirable
Experience in Data mining and analysis
Experience in Enterprise Financial Systems
Experience in telecommunications industry will be an added advantage Training:
Best practices in budget preparation.
Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Basic leadership skills
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Nigeria career website on careers.mtnonline.com to apply